Tauron is a planet in the Cyrannus star system, orbiting Helios Alpha. It was originally named Taurus, after the Taurus tribe who resided on Kobol, though its citizens may not have been affiliated with that tribe.[note 1]
Following the conclusion of the Gemenese dark age and humanity's reinvention of space flight, Tauron was colonised for use in the rearing of livestock, with the city Minos starting out in the middle of a cattle trail. Tauron fell into the imperial violence between Virgon and Leonis, but eventually gained its independence. In the decades leading up to the Cylon War, Tauron fell into a brutal civil war, with its after-effects felt throughout the Twelve Worlds with refugees supporting organised crime. At the end of the Cylon War, Tauron was attacked by a Cylon fleet, and civilians were abducted.
The capital of Tauron is Hypatia, with other major cities being Tauron City and Minos.
Further notes Edit
- Much information on Tauron was added into the series lore for the show Caprica. Writer Jane Espenson also collaborated in the creation of mapping the Cyrannus star system with the positions of each planet along with explaining their histories. The factoids themselves quasi-canon, existing in a preliminary level where they are canon unless contradicted by new information. However, as there was no second season of Caprica to contradict them, they stand.
- In the star system map created for Season 1, Tauron is the colony furthest out from the sun.
- ↑ The history of the Cyrannus system suggests there is no direct link between the planets and the tribes they were named after. Colonies such as Caprica; Picon and Virgon were settled by the same people. Aquaria meanwhile was founded as a scientific outpost rather than a settlement for the Aquarius tribe.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Charlie Jane Anders (24 January 2011). Detailed Map Of Battlestar Galactica's Twelve Colonies. Retrieved on 2018-05-10.
- ↑ RON MOORE BLOG (January 30, 2005). Archived from the original on Jun 12 2008. Retrieved on 2018-05-10.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Battlestar Galactica Map of the 12 Colonies.
- ↑ Battlestar Galactica: Razor.