(The reimagined series; Caprica and Blood & Chrome)
Libris is a planet in the Cyrannus star system, and one of the Twelve Colonies of Kobol, orbiting Helios Gamma. It and Aquaria are the only two of the Twelve Worlds to not have fixed capitals. It is named after the Libra tribe who resided on Kobol, though its citizens may not have been affiliated with that tribe.[note 1]
Libris was underdeveloped for much of its existence until some 200 years prior to the Cylon War, when Caprica made efforts to create a Colonial Government. Due to its undeveloped nature, Libris was selected to be the home of the Inter-Colonial Court, and was subsequently able to settle disputes between the Twelve Worlds.
Libris is known for its dense jungle environment, though its stormy climate made it an unpopular choice for colonisation and development on the colony was limited. In the time of the Colonial Government, it was considered a planet-sized wildlife reserve.
The Grand Library of Libran was an architectural landmark on the planet.
Further notes Edit
- Much information on Libris was added into the series lore for the show Caprica. Writer Jane Espenson also collaborated in the creation of mapping the Cyrannus star system with the positions of each planet along with explaining their histories. The factoids themselves quasi-canon, existing in a preliminary level where they are canon unless contradicted by new information. However, as there was no second season of Caprica to contradict them, they stand.
- ↑ The history of the Cyrannus system suggests there is no direct link between the planets and the tribes they were named after. Colonies such as Caprica; Picon and Virgon were settled by the same people. Aquaria meanwhile was founded as a scientific outpost rather than a settlement for the Aquarius tribe.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Charlie Jane Anders (24 January 2011). Detailed Map Of Battlestar Galactica's Twelve Colonies. Retrieved on 2018-05-10.
- ↑ @SergeGraystone (16 Mar 2010). Libran and Aquarion don't have official capitals. Is that sufficient information, Patrick?.
- ↑ @SergeGraystone (7 Feb 2010). Libran is largely a wildlife reserve that also serves as home to the intercolonial court system. RT @Duhh What is Libran like?.
- ↑ Caprica, episode: "Know Thy Enemy".